Monday, September 1, 2008

Sarah Palin's Pregnant Daughter, Bristol

I think the young woman (Bristol Palin ) who's pregnant is a tererific person. Her mother, Sarah Palin, once stated he couldn't stand people who were "holier than thou." Me too, Sarah.

After this particular barn door closes, all you can say is: "What can I do to help?" In this case, I want to mirror the obvious love the Palins have for all their children.

In a very short time, the American public has learned to love the Palin Family. They are amazingly reflective of all that's good and decent about our country. Let's wish them all well -- and let's get on with the business of winning this election.

Yes, I am pro-life. I especially believe we all have a right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Yet I have friends, -- quite a few -- who are pro-choice. They are NOT evil people. I disagree with their definitions of life. As we define existence, we can't fall back on Obama's cynical statement that determining what life is -- and what it's not -- is "above [our] pay grade."

I think my pro-choice friends' definition of life is deficient, but I the ones I know aren't morally careless or "bad" individuals.

As a man with libertarian bones in my body, I am also pro-letting-Americans-make-their-own-choices, even ones that might involve life and death. I'm not the world's moral arbiter.

In fact, people making choices is something they will do with or without my permission.

All I is ask is that such choices be informed ones, thoughtful ones.

When Mike Huckabee, whom I like a lot, said that Jamie Spears's teen pregnancy was a "tragedy," I begged to differ. (Admittedly, Mike immediately said that he was not one of those who would "line up" to "stand in judgment" of Britney's younger sister.)

Why did I disagree with Mike's use of the word "tragedy?" Actually, it's one of the most misused terms in our world.

In fact, Mike was unintentionally making an argument to terminate pregnancies. If getting pregnant is a "tragedy," there's an obvious quick solution, and it's not one he recommends.

Please bookmark this site and return often. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE VISITING THIS SITE TODAY, AND I'M DELIGHTED & GRATEFUL.

A good place to go to get facts separated from fictions is: http://talkstraight.org. The editor at that site is Tracy, who also blogs at: http://independents4mccain.blogspot.com.

No comments: