Thursday, September 20, 2007

Palin, Hart, Irey, Jindal, Wilson, Pippy: They Deserve Your Support

NOTE: ON OCTOBER 3, 2007, I'M GOING TO ENDORSE A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT. I'VE SAID FAVORABLE THINGS ABOUT SEVERAL OF THOSE WHO ARE IN CONTENTION, BUT I'LL PICK THE ONE MOST LIKELY TO CHOOSE SARAH PALIN AS HIS RUNNING MATE. "BUSINESS-AS-USUAL" IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE FOR REPUBLICANS. WE NEED A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE TICKET, ONE WHERE THE CANDIDATES MAY EVEN DISAGREE (IMAGINE THAT!) ON A FEW SIGNIFICANT ISSUES.

Also on October 3, 2007, Diana Lynn Irey, a Washington County (PA) Commissioner will hold a fundraiser/reception south of Pittsburgh, PA. Attendees who will participate in a political roundtable include: former Senator Rick Santorum, former congresswoman (and candidate to regain her seat) Melissa Hart, and State Senator and Iraq War veteran James Pippy. This will be a meeting of Republican political heavyweights, and I'll report on what they have to say.

If you're interested in attending, please let me know, and I've give you further details.

At the get-together, I intend to promote the candidacy of Sarah Palin for the vice-presidential slot and for the presidency in either 2012 or 2016, or both (depending on the circumstances). I'm hoping that Sarah might just show up as a mystery guest. People like Sarah, Diana, James, and Melissa (formerly my congresswoman) are the best our Party has to offer. They're individuals who adhere to the highest ethical standards and commit themselves totally to representing their constituents.

As I've indicated previously, I'm going to devote this blog primarily to promoting the candidacies of people like Diana, Rick, Melissa, and James. I hope to raise some money for them, but my main goal is to build a base of activists who solicit votes for the candidates.

Two other individuals are very much on my online radar: Heather A. Wilson, congresswoman from the Albuquerque area, and "Bobby" Jindal, a Lousiana congressman who's running for the gubernatorial seat now held by Kathleeen Blanco.

It's essential that Republican activists focus on supporting people who can build the Party. Such people don't even give off a whiff of scandal. They recognize the need to broaden the base of the Party. They have participated in tough elections -- and won them. Specifically, they know how to attract not only Republicans, but also Independents and Democrats.

My highlighted candidates will be mainly (but not exclusively) women. Why? Because the Republican Party desperately needs more females in all elective offices.

Right now, there are three Republican women governors -- and five Democrats. In the U.S. Senate, there are five Republican females -- and 11 Democrats. In the House, there are 21 Republican women -- and 50 Democrats. We need more Republicans of the female "persuasion" running for such offfices, and winning them.

We need candidates of both sexes with whom voters can identify. Take Sarah Palin of Alasksa. She's a wife and a mother (of four children). She not only "supports our troops," but is the mother of one. She's married to an authentic working man, Todd. She's an expert on energy and the environment. She's a true reformer, committed to cleansing her Party of corrupt individuals. She knows how to run against entrenched opponents, Republican and Democrat, and defeat them at the polls.

Currently, she's the most popular elected official in the country -- and for good reasons. For Alaskans, she's not just THE governor. She's THEIR governor. She "has their backs."

The other candidates I'm strongly recommending have similar qualities. They're fine people, and they deserve your backing.

Stephen R. Maloney

P.S. I'm asking readers to recommend perhaps two more candidates who are exemplary people. Please leave the name(s) in either a comment or an e-mail to me: TalkTop65@aol.com.

My wife and I visited our family doctor, Kathleen Osten of Ambridge Area Healthcare, today. Kathleen is an Air Force veteran (who served at the base in Wichita Falls, TX). Her partners are Donna Craig, also an Air Force veteran, and Michael Karp, an Army veteran who's made several humanitarian visits to Africa. I've encountered many physicians over the years, but these three "vets" are the absolute best.

Kathleen has three young children, and she works two-three days a week. I asked her today when she got time off, and she said, "When I sleep."

Once when my wife Pat (who's disabled) and I went in, I mentioned that my spouse needed a pap smear. Kathleen looked over at Pat and said, "Lucky her." Imagine that: a doctor with a sense of humor!

She's a great reader of body language and tone of voice. I come from the generation that generally fibs to doctors, and she invariably catches me.

How do medical doctors become veterans? In most cases, the military is paying for their medical school training -- in return for several years of service. In short, these are "ordinary people" who are bright enough to get into med school, but generally lack the $200,000-plus needed to pay for it.

I asked Kathleen what she thought of her time in Wichita Falls. She said, "I loved it." I have a hunch she loves most of the things -- and people -- in her life. I have news for Kathleen: her patients also love her.




No comments: