Friday, February 22, 2008

Visit Meghan McCain's Web Site

You saw the prediction here first: On March 5, Senator Hillary Clinton will suspend her presidential campaign. That was a white flag she was waving last night.

One web site that's a real pleasure to visit is McCain Blogette.com done by John's and Cindy's daughter, Meghan McCain, with the assistance of her friends, photographer Heather Brand and film and video producer Shannon Brae. Be sure to leave a comment for Meghan, a recent graduate in Art History from Columbia University. (I took two art history courses as an undergraduate at the University of Rochester, and I absolutely loved them.)

As I mentioned previously, Adam Brickley, a Colorado State student and founder of the Draft Sarah Palin Movement, and I will be on Douglas Gibbs's Blog Talk Radio show, Political Pistachio, on Monday at 7 p.m. Eastern Time. We'll be discussing Gov. Palin's chances of getting the VP nomination as well as matters related to John McCain and Barack Obama. Both Adam and I believe Mrs. Clinton's campaign is on life-support. If you'd like, you can call in.

If you're looking for columns about John McCain's strengths and Barack Obama's deficiencies, scroll down and you'll find a garden of earthly delights.


This weekend (Saturday and Sunday) I'm going to write about the "Obama Phenomenon." I've been quoting an extreme left-wing law professor at Harvard named Lawrence Tribe. He believes Supreme Court justices should look at the Constitution as an Etch-a-Sketch on which they transcribe their fondest (left-wing) hopes and dreams. He says Barack Obama is "brilliant," which I fear means Obama agrees in all relevant matters with Prof. Tribe.

On my side, I've described Obama as a combination of rhetorical genius and an intellectual simpleton. I doubt there's a way Prof. Tribe and I can resolve our differences.

If you wish, take a quick trip to Wikipedia.com and look up the movie "Being There," one of Peter Sellers' last films. The protagonist is a man (mis-) named Chauncey Gardiner, whose simple platitudes impress people to the point that they see him as a future President. Barack Obama, meet Chauncey Gardiner. Can we really say that? "Yes, we can!"

No comments: