Monday, February 4, 2008

TENNESSEE CONSERVATIVE UNION ENDORSES MCCAIN

Tennessee Conservative Union Endorses John McCain
Here is the release:

I don’t always agree with John McCain, but I have always admired him. He suffered and fought for his country and prevailed. Perhaps that’s why I’ve been sickened by the attacks on him by some Washington-based conservatives this week. One went so far as to say that McCain is more liberal than Hillary Clinton.

It makes you wonder if some of the more cynical have decided a new Clinton or Obama administration would mean better fundraising, higher rating points and more books sold.

Perhaps I’m just too old-fashioned for the modern media based conservative movement. I always knew one thing about Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater, which is that the country came before person, principal came before party and philosophy came before personal profit.

The selection of candidates this year provides no clear choice for conservatives. If you believe the primary job of the president is to be the spiritual leader for the Country, then Mike Huckabee deserves your consideration. If you feel America needs a successful businessman to manage the economy, then Mitt Romney would seem to have the resume.

I cannot question any conservative's vote in this very unique and volatile election. I do question the credibility of the talking heads that have chosen to attempt to destroy McCain rather than simply oppose him.

In this time of war and generation of terrorism I still believe that Job One for a President is Commander and Chief. Can there be a clearer choice for Commander and Chief than John McCain? I’ll be casting my conservative vote against the terrorists, in favor of a strong national defense and for the future Commander and Chief John McCain.

-Lloyd C. Daugherty
Chairman ,
Tennessee Conservative Union

No comments: