Just two years ago, remember the election in 2006? Two years ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon; and,
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
However, since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet to historically low levels;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.00 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 20% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (mainly stock and mutual fund losses);5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars; and,6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we sure got it!
Remember, it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him, and Pelosi, Reid, and their cronies have stripped America's cupboard bare.